Jobs at Friends of Cedar Mesa
Now Hiring: Administrative Assistant | Part time
About the Position
Friends of Cedar Mesa is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant who will have the overall responsibilities of ensuring the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, overseeing donor management, and supporting the work of management and other staff. The employee is expected to spend 10-20 hours a week in the office. Occasionally, the employee will be asked to work on a weekend day. For those interested in learning more about the nonprofit environment, this is a great entry-level position to introduce you to the workings of a nonprofit.
This is a permanent position but is dependent on annual funding. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Assistant Director.
- Handling general office reception including answering general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner and replying to general information requests with the accurate information
- Using a computer for word processing and spreadsheet creation
- Processing donations and managing donor database software
- Sorting incoming mail
- Sending outgoing mail and merchandise orders
- Purchasing, receiving and storing the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
- Organizing and helping develop FCM branded merchandise for resale
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff
- Coordinating the maintenance of office equipment
- Managing donor relations with database use and regular handwritten correspondence sent to donors.
- Updating and ensuring the accuracy of the organization’s databases
- Providing basic assistance with financial coding and preparing receipts and invoices for bookkeeper.
- Preparing accurate bank deposits
- Providing the Executive Director with support in advance of Board Meetings
- Assist administrative and program staff on special events, such as volunteer events and the annual Celebrate Cedar Mesa conference the first week of every March.
The Administrative Assistant will be committed to FCM’s mission. All candidates should have proven organizational and computer skills. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- A high school diploma.
- Strong and clear verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platform and a demonstrated ability to learn new online platforms and databases.
- Ability to work positively and efficiently with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other staff is essential.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
- An attention to detail is required for this position.
- Preference will be given to candidates willing to live or relocate to within 45 minutes of Bluff, UT, a tiny town with limited amenities and the best backyard in the world.
- A high level of competency in Microsoft Office; knowledge of the Adobe Cloud Suite and Salesforce platform a plus.
Status: Regular, part-time employee working 10-20 hours a week, not eligible for benefits.
Compensation: $15/hour without benefits.
Friends of Cedar Mesa is an equal employment opportunity employer. We seek a broad and diverse pool of candidates and strongly believe that our organization benefits from the perspectives and talents of a diverse staff.
Friends of Cedar Mesa (FCM) is a conservation organization in Bluff, Utah founded in 2010. FCM envisions a future where the public lands in San Juan County – with all their natural, cultural and recreational values – are protected and respected. To achieve this goal, we work to educate visitors about respectful recreation in the Bears Ears National Monument, monitor cultural sites, effect change through research and service projects, improve land management policies, and engage citizens in advocacy.
Please send resume and a cover letter to Amanda@cedarmesafriends.org.
Job posted 1/4/2018. Open until filled.